Hello & Welcome to my Blog!
It’s Cow Appreciation Day & to celebrate Chick-fil-A is giving away free food to anyone who dresses like a cow today! (7-10-18) Go grubbin…. and moo-ing! We celebrate in my blog today by learning a little bit about these amazing animals!
Jennifer Steele, M-F 7p-12a, 101.5 K-HITS
**Show Stuff! (What you heard or missed on my show!)
It’s Cow Appreciation day!
For starters, here is one of the stories from my Children’s Audio Book, “The 3 Cows” ! Enjoy!
Fun Facts about cows!
- All “cows” are female. Males are called bulls or steer. Before having a calf for the very first time, a female is called heifer. Once she has her first calf, she becomes a cow.
- There are over 800 different cattle breeds recognized worldwide (according to Wikipedia). Beef breeds are raised for their meat and dairy breeds are raised to produce milk. At Clover Meadows Beef, we raise Angus-based cattle, which is a beef breed.
- Cows don’t eat meat – ever. They’re always “vegetarian fed”.
- Cows can see almost 360 degrees. This near-panoramic view lets them watch for predators from all angles. However, they don’t see well straight in front of them so they will typically turn their head to look at you.
- Cows have an acute sense of smell and can detect odors up to six miles away.
- Cows are very social and don’t like to be alone. If one is isolated, it’s usually because she is sick or about to give birth.
- Cows have no upper front teeth. They press their sharp bottom teeth against the top hard palate of their mouth to cut blades of grass.
- A cow has 32 teeth, and will chew about 40-50 times a minute.
- A cow will chew for up to eight hours a day
- Cows move their jaws about 40,000 times a day.
- The Wall Street Bull. Photo Credit: Sam valadi/Flickr. …
- Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow. …
- Babe the Blue Ox. …
- Charlene Mooken. …
- Yvonne the Dairy Cow. …
- The Stars of CowParade. …
- Maudine Ormsby. …
- Hi Cow.
Don’t forget to check out “The 80’s at 8” at 8am & 8pm M-F!
Request your favorite 80’s song or become a guest DJ by visiting our
“80’s at 8” page here.
Follow Me At:
Me & My Dog Jack!